Schokostückle Kuchen (Pound Cake w/Chocolate Bits)
12 ozchocolate bars or chocolate chips
18 Tbsp(2-1/4 sticks) butter, softened
1 tspvanilla extract
4 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
2 to 4 Tbspmilk
6 ozchocolate bark candy coating, melted
How to Make Schokostückle Kuchen (Pound Cake w/Chocolate Bits)
- If using chocolate bars, break into squares about 1/2 inch wide; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder together and add in two parts to the batter, mixing after each addition.
- Add milk and mix until the batter is as thick as brownie batter (thick, but spreadable). Fold in chocolate bits.
- Pour into a buttered 9x5-inch loaf pan. Smooth top. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a knife inserted into center of cake comes out clean (it will have melted chocolate on it). Do not overbake or it will be dry.
- Let the cake cool completely, then frost it by melting 6 ounces of chocolate bark and spreading it over the top and sides of the cake. Cool and slice.