Schokostückle Kuchen (Pound Cake w/Chocolate Bits)
- 12 oz
- chocolate bars or chocolate chips
- 18 Tbsp
- (2-1/4 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 4 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 to 4 Tbsp
- 6 oz
- chocolate bark candy coating, melted
How to Make Schokostückle Kuchen (Pound Cake w/Chocolate Bits)
- 1If using chocolate bars, break into squares about 1/2 inch wide; set aside.
- 2Cream butter and sugar until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- 3Mix flour, salt and baking powder together and add in two parts to the batter, mixing after each addition.
- 4Add milk and mix until the batter is as thick as brownie batter (thick, but spreadable). Fold in chocolate bits.
- 5Pour into a buttered 9x5-inch loaf pan. Smooth top. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a knife inserted into center of cake comes out clean (it will have melted chocolate on it). Do not overbake or it will be dry.
- 6Let the cake cool completely, then frost it by melting 6 ounces of chocolate bark and spreading it over the top and sides of the cake. Cool and slice.