How to Make Crazy Cake
- Sift sugar, flour, salt, cocoa, and soda into a 9" square baking dish.
- Then add vinegar, salad oil, vanilla, and cold water.
- Stir together with a fork until nearly lump free -- make sure to get the corners.
- Bake at 350* for 30-35 minutes, til a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool to room temp, and frost.
- NOTES: This makes a nice, deep cake.
I have also used round baking pans, divided the batter between them, and made layer cake (plan much shorter baking time)
Or you could use a spring form pan, for special occasion decorating :)
- *This recipe is easily made gluten free, by using your favorite gluten-free all purpose baking flour. (I like Bob's Red Mill brand.)