Chocolate Chip Brandy Cake
Maggie May Schill
It first was thought up when we accidentally found ourselves with about a half dozen bottles of brandy out of nowhere.
After exhausting cocktails with it, we started testing bakedgoods with brandy. This recipe is one of the best we came up with at our house.
It goes great warmed up with ice cream on the side.
2 call purpose flour
1 tspkosher salt
2 tspbaking soda
3/4 ccup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cbutter, melted (unsalted)
1/2 cmilk (whole)
1 cstrong coffee
1/2 tspcloves, ground
1/4 tspallspice, ground
·additional brandy to finish cakes with
1 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Brandy Cake
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease and prepare with parchment paper two(2) loaf pans, or two 9 inch cake pans. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients. (Flour, baking soda, salt)
- Add in melted butter, coffee, milk and brandy, and beat at medium speed until just combined.
- Beat in vanilla and spices.
- Add one egg in at a time, beating until just combined.
Fold in chocolate chips, gently.
Don't over mix batter!
- Pour out evenly into prepared pans. Bake on center rack for 45 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Removed to wire wrack. Drizzle over each cake with a liberal amount of additional brandy while still hot.
Don't turn out of pans until cooled.
Serve with powdered sugar, or ice cream.