Scottish Oats with Apples & Raisins
3/4 cscottish oats
1 largeapple, peeled and diced
2 Tbspwhite sugar
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/4 chalf & half (i use fat free)
How to Make Scottish Oats with Apples & Raisins
- heat about 1/4 cup water in a small, nonstick pan with apples. Saute until they are softened.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring 2 1/4 cup water and salt to a boil. Add in oats. Stir frequently until thickened and cooked. (About 5 minutes.)
- In last minute of cooking, add in raisins.
- Remove oats from heat. Add in Apples, cinnamon, Sugar, vanilla and butter. Stir until well combined.
- Divide into two shallow bowls and gently pour half of the 1/4 cup half & half into each bowl. Sprinkle with a dash more cinnamon and serve!