Cinnamon Apple Raisin Steel Cut Oats
J. White Harris
1 csteel cut oats
1 largeapple, peeled, cored, diced
2 Tbspbrown sugar
1-1/2 tspground cinnamon
How to Make Cinnamon Apple Raisin Steel Cut Oats
- Get all your ingredients together and measure everything out before starting.
- Set instant pot to SAUTE. Add butter and when melted add oats. Stir continuously for about 3 minutes until oats darken and begin to smell nutty.
- Add water, apples, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, salt, and raisins. Stir to mix ingredients.
- Press CANCEL, secure the Instant Pot lid, press MANUAL, and set pressure time for 10 minutes.
- When pressure time is complete, let the cooker go into KEEP WARM mode and count 10 minutes. Then press CANCEL and twist the steam release handle on the lid to VENTING position.
- When valve drops carefully remove the lid and stir the oats. Let this sit for about 5 to 10 minutes until oats are the thickness you want.
- Put a serving in your bowl. Now add milk, yogurt, nuts, honey, more brown sugar, or other additions you might want. Enjoy!
- Put what you don’t eat in a closed container and keep in the refrigerator. Just put what you want in a bowl with desired additions and heat in the microwave.