Shirred Egg in Pinto Beans
Janice Joy Miller
How to Make Shirred Egg in Pinto Beans
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Put cold leftover beans in a 12 ounce straight sided ramekin.
- Place beans in oven until just warmed - about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and create a well in the center of beans.
- Crack open egg and place in center of well.
- Sprinkle with salt & cayenne, then with grated cheese.
- Bake at 375 F for about 10 to 12 minutes until white is set and yolk is creamy. It will jiggle just a little in the middle when it's done.
- Serve with habanero cheddar cornbread.