Shirred Egg in Pinto Beans
Janice Joy Miller
How to Make Shirred Egg in Pinto Beans
- 1Preheat oven to 375 F.
- 2Put cold leftover beans in a 12 ounce straight sided ramekin.
- 3Place beans in oven until just warmed - about 10 minutes.
- 4Remove from oven, and create a well in the center of beans.
- 5Crack open egg and place in center of well.
- 6Sprinkle with salt & cayenne, then with grated cheese.
- 7Bake at 375 F for about 10 to 12 minutes until white is set and yolk is creamy. It will jiggle just a little in the middle when it's done.
- 8Serve with habanero cheddar cornbread.