MOTHER'S PUMPKIN LOAF (SALLYE)
Try it if you like pumpkin, you'll love it.
3-1/3 cflour (all purpose)
3 csugar (granulated or light brown)
1 cwesson oil ( i use canola)
1-1/2 cpumpkin (not pie filling)
2 tspsoda (baking soda)
1 cchopped nuts (optional)
How to Make MOTHER'S PUMPKIN LOAF (SALLYE)
- NOTE: I HAVE COPIED INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS EXACTLY AS MY MOTHER HAD THEM WRITTEN. I HAVE ADDED MY OWN NOTES IN PARENTHESES ( ).
- Blend oil, water and sugar ( I used canola oil)
- Add eggs one at a time (beating mixture after each addition)
- Add pumpkin and sifted dry ingredients.
(sift flour, spices, soda and salt together before adding)
- Mix well in mixer (on low to medium speed).
(add) nuts optional
- Grease and flour pans. Fill each 3/4 full.
Makes 3 loaves 8-1/2" x 4" x 2-1/2"
(or will make 2 loaves in 9" x 5" x 3")
- (Preheat oven to 350º).
Bake one hour at 350º, cool in pan.