German Everyday Stollen
How to Make German Everyday Stollen
- 1Mix 1 cup lukewarm water, 1 tsp sugar and 2 pkgs yeast and let stand.
- 2Soak raisins in hot water. Bring milk to just a boil. Add sugar, salt and butter. Let cool.
- 3Beat eggs and add to warm milk. Add yeast and stir.
- 4Put flour in large bowl, making a hole in the center of the flour (sort of looking like a crater on a volcano). Add milk mixture into the center of the flour. Mix well and turn out onto floured board. Knead well for about 30 minutes.
- 5Grease another bowl and put dough into it and cover with a towel. Put in a warm place to rise. When double in size, put on floured board and knead again.
- 6Roll out on floured board then add raisins and walnuts. Brush bottom of pan to be used for baking with melted butter. Roll up and twist the dough. Lay dough on the pan to be baked and brush the top with melted butter.
- 7Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 to 60 minutes.