Gluten Free Habanero-Cheddar Cornbread
Janice Joy Miller
1 cyellow cornmeal
1 cnut flour (e.g. almond, hazelnut, cashew)
2 tspnon-aluminum baking powder
3 1/2 Tbspnut oil (e.g. walnut, hazelnut, almond, apricot kernel)
3 1/2 Tbspmaple syrup or honey
1 can(s)southern style creamed corn
1 cgreek yogurt
1 cgrated cheddar cheese
1/2fresh or dried habanero pepper, finely chopped (more or less to taste)
How to Make Gluten Free Habanero-Cheddar Cornbread
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wipe a large cast iron skillet with high heat nut oil.
- Mix dry ingredients with a fork or a whisk until well blended.
- Whisk wet ingredients until smooth and homogenous.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, and stir until just combined. Some dry spots are ok.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until top is lightly browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.