Flavorful Challah Bread-homemade
- 10 1/2 oz
- can of your favorite condensed broth-like chicken, beef, or vegetable
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 pkg
- 0.25 oz. ea. active dry yeast
- 4 large
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- 9 c
- all purpose flour, about
How to Make Flavorful Challah Bread-homemade
- 1Heat broth and water in a 1 qt. saucepan over low heat until warm ,but not hot. Place the the yeast into a large bowl. Add the lukewarm broth mixture and stir until the yeast is dissolved.
- 2Add 3 eggs, oil, salt and sugar to the bowl and beat with a whisk. Stir in the flour, a little at a time. Place well blended dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough is smooth but a little sticky. Lightly grease a large bowl with butter. Add the dough and turn to coat.Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours or until double in size.
- 3Beat the remaining egg in a small bowl with a whisk.
Punch down dough. Divide dough into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 12-inch rope. Place 3 ropes side-by-side on a greased baking sheet. Begin to braid in the middle of the ropes and braid one end at a time. Repeat with the remaining ropes. Brush loaves with the egg mixture. Cover and let rise in a warm place for an hour or until double in size.