How to Make Squash Rolls
- 1Scald the milk (heat until bubbles form on the top - do not boil)
- 2Dissolve 1 package of yeast in 1/2 cup of warm (not hot) water
- 3In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup squash or pumpkin, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 cup of butter.
- 4Add Scalded milk and mix
- 5When mixture is lukewarm, add the beaten egg and dissolved yeast.
- 6Slowly mix the flour into the mixture, until you have the righ consistency. Not too wet nor too dry.....if that helps.
- 7Cover the bowl with a dish towel and put in draft free place to rise. Dough will double in size when risen. This takes around an hour...more or less.
- 8Punch dough down and roll out into a circle on a pastry sheet or counter top that has been sprinkled with flour to eliminate sticking.
- 9Cut into triangles with a pizza cutter if you have one. Otherwise use a knife.
- 10Roll the triangles into rolls, place on a baking sheet, cover with a dish towel and let rise again. This will probably take 30 minutes.
- 11Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes until rolls are lightly brown on the top. Serve and enjoy!