Light and Flavorful Irish Soda Bread
2 tspbaking powder
1 Tbspbaking soda
3 3/4 call purpose flour
116 ounce container light sour cream
1 tspvanilla extract
1 Tbsplight buttermilk
2 1/4 Tbspcaraway seeds
·light butter spread (i use i can't believe its not butter)
How to Make Light and Flavorful Irish Soda Bread
- Thoroughly spray a spring form pan with cooking spray.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the powder, soda, flour, sugar and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, blend together eggs, sour cream, buttermilk and vanilla extract until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix using blender then spoon. Mix in the caraway seeds.
- Dip hands in a healthy amount of flour and transfer to pan. Dot with butter spread.
- Bake about 50 minutes or until done depending on your oven's temperature.
** I serve with "Laurie's Corned Beef and Cabbage" recipe posted on this site and dip the bread in the "au jus" produced by the Corned Beef recipe. Yum!