Bread Machine Soft and Buttery Yeast Rolls.
Cindy Smith Bryson
- 1 pkg
- active dry yeast (equals 2 1/4 tsp. of bottled "bread machine" yeast)
- 1/4 c
- warm water
- 1/3 c
- white, granulated sugar
- 1/4 c
- soft butter
- 1 c
- hot milk
- egg - lightly beaten
- 4 c
- sifted "all purpose" flour or unsifted "bread machine" flour
- 3/4- 1 tsp
- salt (use lesser amount if butter is salted)
- 1/2 stick
- butter, melted (for brushing rolls)
How to Make Bread Machine Soft and Buttery Yeast Rolls.
- 1Sprinkle yeast over warm water in small bowl. Stir until yeast dissolves.
- 2In separate bowl, add sugar and 1/4 cup softened butter to hot milk. Stir until sugar dissolves and butter is melted. Cool mixture to 105-115 degrees.
- 3Pour milk mixture into bread machine pan. Add foamy yeast mixture to milk mixture in bread pan. Mix in lightly beaten egg.
- 4Add 4 cups of flour on top of liquid mixture in bread pan. Add salt on top of flour. Place pan in bread machine. Set to "dough only" cycle.
- 5When "dough only" cycle is complete, pour dough ball out onto lightly floured cutting board. Dough may be slightly sticky, but use as little flour as possible for flouring hands and cutting board. Otherwise, rolls may not be as feathery light as should be!
- 6With large knife, cut dough ball into four (4) pieces. Cut each piece into 4 more pieces OR simply pinch off small chunks of dough and roll into round balls about 1 & 3/4 inches in diameter. As you roll into balls, pull sides down and under to shape roll. Place bottom side down in neat rows, not quite touching, in well-buttered 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan.
- 7Cover rolls and allow to rise in warm place until doubled in bulk; 30-45 minutes. When doubled in bulk, brush tops with melted butter and bake in 375 degree F oven for 18-20 minutes or until nicely browned.
- 8If desired, brush baked rolls with more melted butter when they come out of oven. The butter will sizzle down sides and bottom of rolls for a buttery and soft crust! For leftover rolls: 10 seconds in your microwave will create that "just out of the oven" warm roll magic!