Honey Moist Cornbread Mix
FOR THE CORN BREAD MIX:
2 call-purpose flour
2 cyellow corn meal
1 cgranulated sugar
2 Tbspbaking powder
INGREDIENTS TO ADD TO THE MIX:
2 cwhipping cream or evaporated milk
4eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cbutter flavored shortening, melted
How to Make Honey Moist Cornbread Mix
- Combine ingredients for the mix and sift or whisk together thoroughly, throughout. Pour into a Zip-Lock bag, and seal. Label the bag with the name of the mix, the Instructions (to make the mix, below) and the date you are packing it.
- INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THE MIX:
Shake up this bagged mix really well. Pour into a bowl and make a well in the center.
Prepare a 9 x 17 inch pan or a jelly roll pan by spraying with vegetable spray. Preheat oven to: 400 degrees.
- In another bowl, mix thoroughly:
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups of whipping cream or evaporated milk
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 cup butter flavored shortening, melted
- Pour wet ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients, and stir JUST UNTIL MOISTENED! Batter should be lumpy.
- Pour into the prepared pan, spreading batter as evenly as possible. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and firm on top. Allow to sit until cool enough to serve.