Granny's hot buttery rolls
I have enjoyed these rolls for more than 30+ years.I do hope you'll enjoy the too.
- 1 c
- warm water (105 f--115 f )
- 2 pkg
- active dry yeast
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- 4- 4 1/2 c
- unbleached all-purpose flour
- additional melted butter (optional)
How to Make Granny's hot buttery rolls
- 1Combine the warm water and the yeast in a large bowl.Let mixture stand until yeast is foamy,about 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in butter,sugar,eggs,and salt.Beat in flour,1 cup at a time,until dough is too stiff to mix(some flour may not be needed).Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or up to 4 days.
- 3Grease a 13in by 9in baking pan.Turn the chilled dough out onto a lightly floured board.Divide dough into 24 equal-size pieces. Roll each piece into a smooth round ball;place balls in even rows in the the prepared pan. Cover and let dough balls rise until doubled in volume,about 1 hour.
- 4Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake until rolls are golden brown, 15-20 mins. Brush warm rolls with melted butter,if desired. Break rolls apart to serve.
- 5helpful hints*
*in this recipe,don't use quick rising dry yeast,since it is designed to raise breads quickly.
*before adding the yeast mixture,use an instant read thermometer to check temperature of water.