Easy (bread machine!) Honey Wheat Sandwich Rolls
Cindy Smith Bryson
Let your bread machine do all the work; all you have to do is shape, bake, and eat them...
PLEASE NOTE: Prep time includes assembling ingredients in bread pan, time in dough cycle, and rising time.
1 1/4 cwarm milk
2 Tbspbutter, softened
1/4 choney (if more sweetness is desired; 1 tbls molasses added to honey is really good!)
2 3/4 cbread flour
1 cwhole wheat flour
1 1/2 tspbread machine yeast
2 Tbspbutter, melted (optional)
How to Make Easy (bread machine!) Honey Wheat Sandwich Rolls
- Place warm milk, beaten egg, softened butter, honey, and salt in bread pan.
- Add bread machine flour and whole wheat flour to bread pan.
- Top flours w/ bread machine yeast. Place pan in bread machine, select dough cycle and start.
- When dough cycle is complete, turn dough ball out onto lightly floured surface. Roll out dough to 3/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out rolls w/ 4 inch diameter biscuit cutter. (I like bigger rolls so I use top of tumbler 5-6 inches diameter). This will, of course, produce fewer sandwich buns.
- Place cut out dough rounds on lightly greased cookie sheets; cover and let rise until doubled in size (about 1 hour). Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake in preheated oven 10-15 minutes (time will be determined by bun size). When rolls are baked, brush tops w/ melted butter if desired. Allow to cool thoroughly before slicing horizontally w/ bread knife. HAVE A HAPPY SANDWICH!