Cin's "Beautiful Homemade Bread"
THE FULL RECIPE MAKES 6 LOAVES, SO IF YOU CUT IT IN HALF YOU WILL STILL BE MAKING 3 LOAVES.
IT MAKES A BEAUTIFUL LOAF OF BREAD AND IS SOOOOO GOOD RIGHT FROM THE OVEN WITH BUTTER AND APPLE BUTTER......OH MY!!!
PHOTO's POSTED WITH THIS RECIPE ARE ALL MY PERSONAL PICTURES
- 2/3 c
- powdered milk (*see note)
- 3 Tbsp
- (heaping) of instant yeast
- 6 tsp
- sea salt
- 2/3 c
- sugar (or splenda)
- 6 Tbsp
- 6 c
- warm water (*see note)
FLOUR (APPROXIMATELY 15 CUPS TOTAL)
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREE FARENHEITE
How to Make Cin's "Beautiful Homemade Bread"
- 1Mix *powdered milk, yeast, salt, sugar, and shortening in large mixer like a Bosch; (*a Kitchen Aid is not big enough. It will handle a half recipe
though.) Add warm water.
Add about 4 to 5 cups flour and beat until well mixed.
Add more flour slowly until dough comes away clean from the edge of the mixing bowl.
- 2Allow to knead for 5 more minutes. Do not add too much flour (anywhere up to the 15 cups, but not more).
Cover with greased plastic wrap and allow dough to rise.
Once it has doubled in size, divide into 6 parts.
- 3Form each into a log, tucking and pinching the dough underneath to make it smooth on top; (this is easily to do, if you lightly roll out the dough and roll up lengthwise, pinching together seam and tucking in the ends).
Put each into a well greased loaf pan and let raise until double the size (size of a bread loaf).
Bake in preheated oven at 350 dF for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Should makes 6 loaves.
When done remove from oven and rub butter over tops of your fresh bread, (I take a stick of butter and rub over loaves).
- 4*NOTE: You can made this bread with 'fresh milk' (it works great too). Just omit powdered milk and use '3 cups warm milk and 3 cups warm water' in the place of the 6 cups of warm water.
- 5Fun bread keepers...canvas fabric outer and plastic lined. Keeps your homemade bread soft. The liner is pulled out to show you what it's like.
I show some (up-above) that are taken in my kitchen that are Coffee Keepers and Pasta Keepers (I also have them for Sugar, Flour and different sizes of Bread loafs).
- 6Here is showing the outer bag a bit better.
- 7Baked bread again and covered top with a foil tent the last 10 minutes so it wouldn't get as browned.
Tasted wonderful with Peach Jam!!!
- 8Turned out verry good....love it lighter (it's great either way).
Also...I used my Presto Homemade Bread Slicing Guide to slice perfect slices (I have 2..one is heavy plastic and one is made of wood).