Pita Pockets (Flat Bread)
Although you can easily buy them at the store today, fresh from the oven always wins!
Use as you would pita pockets for savory or sweet uses.
How to Make Pita Pockets (Flat Bread)
- In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of flour and yeast. Combine warm water, oil, salt and sugar. Add to yeast mixture. Beat 3 minutes with an electric mixer. Add in enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- Cover and let rise 45 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8-10 balls. Roll balls into 5-6" rounds.
- *** Really Important*** Roll from center to edge, not back and forth or they won't puff. Let rise 30 minutes.
- Bake on a hot cookie sheet at 450-500 degrees for approximately 4 minutes.