Pita Pockets (Flat Bread)
Although you can easily buy them at the store today, fresh from the oven always wins!
Use as you would pita pockets for savory or sweet uses.
- 3 1/2-4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 c
- warm water
- 1 tsp
- 1 pkg
- active dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp
- cooking oil
- 1/4 tsp
How to Make Pita Pockets (Flat Bread)
- 1In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of flour and yeast. Combine warm water, oil, salt and sugar. Add to yeast mixture. Beat 3 minutes with an electric mixer. Add in enough flour to make a stiff dough.
- 2Cover and let rise 45 minutes.
- 3Divide dough into 8-10 balls. Roll balls into 5-6" rounds.
- 4*** Really Important*** Roll from center to edge, not back and forth or they won't puff. Let rise 30 minutes.
- 5Bake on a hot cookie sheet at 450-500 degrees for approximately 4 minutes.