Soft Cinnamon Raisin Pretzel With 2 Toppings
- pkg. (1/4 oz.) active dry yeast
- 1 1/2
- cups warm water (110-115 degrees)
- tb. brown sugar
- tsp. salt
- cups cake flour
- 2-2 1/4
- cups all purpose flour
- cup raisins
- tb. baking soda
- cups hot water (120-130 degrees)
- tb. butter melted
- cup sugar
- tsp. ground cinnamon
- can pillsbury creamy supreme classic white frosting (or your own recipe) i find that this particular frosting, when heated in micro works very well and sets beautifully.
TOPPING OPTION 2-
How to Make Soft Cinnamon Raisin Pretzel With 2 Toppings
- 1In large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in brown sugar and salt. Add the cake flour; stir well. Add enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- 2Stir in the raisins. Place on a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl turning once to grease top. Cover and place in a warm place to rise, about 30 minutes.
- 3Punch dough down. Divide into 14 balls. Roll each ball into a 15 inch rope.
- 4In a medium bowl, dissolve baking soda in hot water. Dip each rope into baking soda water and drain on paper towels. Form into pretzel shapes and place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter,
- 5Topping 1-
Brush pretzels with additional melted butter. Then dip in cinnamon sugar. Serve warm.
- 6Topping 2-
Warm canned frosting in micro until desired consistency. Drizzle over warm pretzels. Use leftover glaze, thinned with a little milk or 1/2 and half for dipping.