ROASTED GRAPE AND ROSEMARY SCONES
Recipe & photo: bhg.com
1-1/2 cseedless green grapes
2-1/2 call purpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
1egg, lightly beaten
1 box(8 oz.) creme fraiche
1/4 cwhipping cream
1 Tbspchopped fresh rosemary
How to Make ROASTED GRAPE AND ROSEMARY SCONES
- Place grapes on an ungreased baking sheet. Roast 20 to 25 minutes in a preheated 400º oven or until browned and starting to burst; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, creme fraiche, and whipping cream. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Sprinkle with roasted grapes and rosemary. Using a fork, stir just until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough by folding and gently pressing it for 10 to 12 strokes or until dough is nearly smooth. Pat dough into a 10x4" rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise and in sixths crosswise to make 12 rectangles.
- Place rectangles 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush rectangles with additional whipping cream. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove scones from baking sheet. Serve warm.