Gluten Free Czech Kolache
- 1/2 cup
- canola oil or coconut oil or nutiva red palm oil & coconut oil shortening melted
- 2 packages
- rapid rising active dry yeast
- large eggs
- 6 tbsp.
- raw cane sugar
- 1 tsp.
- 5 cups
- gluten free baking mix
- 3 tsp.
- xanthan gum (if gluten free baking mix does not include)
- 1 cup
- cream or milk or warm almond milk
How to Make Gluten Free Czech Kolache
- 1Warm a cup of milk or cream in the microwave for 40 seconds to where it is not too hot to touch and add one package of active dried yeast and 6 tablespoons of sugar and add half cup of canola oil or melted butter. Mix ingredients together in large mixing bowl and cover with gluten free baking flour and knead. Cover with tea towel and let rise 3 hours on top of refrigerator.
- 2Cut parchment paper to fit aluminum baking sheet or pan. Put 12 rolls with indentation in middle for filling on double insulated cookie sheet and coat with egg wash.
- 3Make a filling using double boiler on medium heat. For Thanksgiving, add 1 package cranberries to one cup water and 1 cup cane sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon pure vanilla. Stir occasionally until all cranberries have burst. Let thicken and cool for filling to set up.
- 4Cream cheese filling; mix 1 package cream cheese with 1 teaspoon honey or light agave nectar and 1 teaspoon vanilla and blend until smooth.
- 5Fill rolls with a teaspoon of filling.
- 6Make egg wash by beating 1 egg with 1 teaspoon water and cover filled rolls with egg with your fingers.
- 7Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8If there is egg left over make an omelet by microwaving on 50% power for 1 minute 15 seconds in shallow dish.