Recipe: Traditional Scottish Cookery
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 cbutter, cold
FOR THE GINGER ICING:
3 Tbspconfectioners' sugar
1 tspground ginger
1 Tbsplight corn syrup
How to Make GINGER SHORTBREAD
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl and cut in the butter with a pastry cutter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and knead into a smooth ball.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/2 inch thick. Place in a greased and lined 8-inch pan.
- Bake on the lower shelf of a preheated 300-degree oven for about one hour or until pale golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- FOR THE ICING: Blend all the ingredients together in a sauce pan until melted and smooth.
- Pour over the warm shortbread and leave it to set. When completely cooled, cut into slices and enjoy with a nice cuppa tea.