CRANBERRY ORANGE SCONES
Recipe & photo: food.com
1 1/2 call purpose flour
3 tspbaking powder
1/2 cdried cranberries
2 tspgrated orange rind
1 cpowdered sugar
2 to 3 Tbsporange juice
How to Make CRANBERRY ORANGE SCONES
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the cranberries and orange peel.
- In a small bowl, mix buttermilk and egg; add to dry ingredients all at once, stirring until mixture is just moistened.
- On a floured board, knead gently a few tiimes, but not too much. Form into a patty on an ungreased cookie sheet; cut into 8 wedges with a knife but do not move it.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 15-25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Mix together powdered sugar and orange juice into a glaze; drizzle over scones. Separate scones and serve warm.