1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
3/4 cheavy whipping cream
3/4 cfresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
3 Tbspturbinado sugar or sugar in the raw for topping
1/4 cwarm water, use this to lightly brush the tops of the scones before you sprinkle scones with sugar and bake
POWDERED SUGAR GLAZE
1/2 cpowdered sugar
2-3 Tbspmilk, as needed for thickness desired
How to Make Blueberry Scones
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and grease with baking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder. Stir in sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, and vanilla; mix until thoroughly combined.
Stir cream mixture into flour mixture and mix only until combined. Do not over-mix. Carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Flour your work area and turn out the dough.
Sprinkle dough with more flour.
Divide dough into 2 portions.
Pat down each portion of dough to about a 6-inch round.
Place on previously prepared baking sheet.
Cut each round of dough into thirds or quarters.(size depends on your preference for scone size)
- place each scone on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with a SMALL amount of warm water and sprinkle with Turbinado sugar. Bake in center of the oven for 11 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- If you prefer a glaze, mix the powdered sugar and milk, adding milk slowly to obtain the desired thickness. Drizzle over cooled scones.