Banana Orange Nut Bread
This is a very forgiving recipe. Kid friendly. Measurements don't have to be exact and you can just dump everything in the same bowl. Some times I throw in a handful of coconut flakes, some chopped almonds, or even use mandarin orange juice and rind. Loaves freeze beautifully. A good recipe for gift giving at Christmas time.
2 ca.p. flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 csoft butter
1 1/3 cmashed bananas, very ripe is best
1/4 tsporange zest
1 1/2 Tbsporange juice
1 csliced, chopped almonds (optional)
·raw sugar for topping
How to Make Banana Orange Nut Bread
- Combine all ingredients (except raw sugar) in large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spray non stick 4 mini loaf pans with PAM. Each mini loaf pan will hold about 2/3 cup mixture.
- Sprinkle raw sugar on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 30-35 minutes. Test centers with toothpick or wooden skewer, it should come out clean.
- If tops get too brown during baking, cover lightly with foil. (This usually happens when I bake 2 larger loaves for 45-50 min.) PS: I found using dark pans make the sides and bottom get too brown.