CHINESE DUMPLING'S # 1 ( THE DOUGH )
How to Make CHINESE DUMPLING'S # 1 ( THE DOUGH )
- MAKING THE DOUGH: Pour the flour into a mound on a clean work surface. Make a deep, wide well in the center and pour in the cold water. Stir with your fingers staying in the center at first and being careful that the water doesn't breach the wall.
- Little by little using your hand and a bench knife mix in flour from the sides until the dough starts to come together.
- Alternatively put the flour in a medium bowl, make a well add the water and stir with a spoon and then with your hands
- If dough remains in shreds sprinkle in additinal water one teaspoon at a time until it begins to stick together. DON'T add too much water or the dough will be difficult to work
- Knead the dough 5 minutes to form a smooth firm elastic ball. ( If you began the dough in a bowl lightly dust a clean dry surface with flour before kneading ). The dough should not be sticky and should bonce back when pressed with finger tips.
- Divide in half with a bench knife and roll into two 6 inch logs. Sprinkle each log evenly with flour. Cover with a clean towel and let rest at least 30 minutes at room temperature before rolling and filling.