☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 call purpose flour
11/2 tspbaking soda
1/3 cvegetable shortening
1/4 cwater, lukewarm
How to Make Buttermilk Quick Rolls - Arm and Hammer Recipe
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Sift flour, baking soda, salt and sugar together; cut in shortening.
- Soften yeast in lukewarm water. Heat buttermilk to lukewarm and combine with yeast.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients gradually and stir only until flour is blended. Dough should be as soft as can be handled.
- Turn onto lightly floured board; knead gently one minute. Shape as desired. Place on lightly greased baking pan. Let rise about one hour or until double in bulk, in a warm place (90 to 95 degrees F.).
- Bake about 15 minutes, or until browned.