Traditional Moroccan Khobz Bread for Bread Machine
1 cwater, room temperature
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1 1/2 cbread flour
1 cwhole wheat bread flour
1 tspanise seed
2 tspbread machine yeast
·olive oil for brushing
1 tspsesame seeds
How to Make Traditional Moroccan Khobz Bread for Bread Machine
- Add water, sugar, salt and oil to bread machine.
- Add both flours to bread machine 1/2 cup at a time, leveling off each 1/2 cup with a knife before adding.
- Sprinkle anise seed over the flour. Make a well in the flour taking care not to reach the water and add yeast to well.
- Process on dough setting. When done, spray a large baking sheet with cooking oil. With floured hands, remove dough to baking sheet. Cut in half and form to balls. Press each balls down into circles approximately 1/2" thick.
- Spray dough with cooking oil, cover with a damp towel and place in a warm spot away from direct sun for 30 minutes. The cooking oil spray will help keep the towel from sticking. Preheat oven to 375.
- After dough has risen, prick all over with a fork, lightly brush with olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place on the center shelf of your oven and shut the door. Wait a few minutes and then place a small cast iron pan with cold water on the bottom shelf of the oven. Bake another 15-20 minutes depending on your oven. Remove when nicely golden but not brown.