One Bite Wonders: Savory Fillo Pizza Cups
Andy Anderson !
They’re also brilliant game food.
These particular “One Bite Wonders” are pizza-heaven baked in a fillo dough cup.
So, you ready… Let’s get into the kitchen.
- fillo dough sheets
- buffalo mozzarella, shredded
- parmesan cheese, grated
- pepperoni, thinly sliced
- italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- pizza sauce, your choice
- sweet butter, unsalted variety, melted, for brushing
How to Make One Bite Wonders: Savory Fillo Pizza Cups
- 4Chef’s Note: I tried this recipe using some pâte brisée, wonton dough, docked puff pastry, some leftover biscuit dough, and even some pizza dough. But, because they are so small, the dough overpowered the flavors. I needed something very light that would help the flavors of the cheese and other ingredients stand out…
Fillo dough did the trick.
- 25Additional Note: One of the most difficult things about this recipe is making the fillo dough cups. Fillo dough is very hard to work with and it took a lot of practice to get them the way I wanted.
If you're pressed for time, or you just don't want the hassle, you can always purchase pre-made shells at the market.