Sprouted Grain Salad
Janice Joy Miller
- 1 1/2 c
- whole grain berries (spelt, rye, wheat, etc.)
- filtered water
- carrot, fresh, jullienne slices
- 2 stalk(s)
- celery, finely chopped
- 2 small
- spring onions, green and white, finely chopped
- 1 small
- clove garlic, finely chopped (about the size of 2 whole cloves)
- 1 can(s)
- whole hearts of palm, drained, chopped
- zest of 1/2 lemon, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
How to Make Sprouted Grain Salad
- 1Rinse the whole grains and place them in a bowl.
- 2Cover them with water and let sit at room temperature for 24 hours.
- 3Drain the grain.
- 4Rinse and drain twice daily for two more days, letting sit covered at room temperature, until you see the little tail of a sprout sticking out.
- 5Add all the rest of the ingredients, toss, and refrigerate 2 hours before serving to let the flavors blend.