"Dakos" Tomato &Feta Cheese Appetizer
- barley or whole wheat rusks
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- medium size tomatoes, diced or grated
- 4 Tbsp
- feta or sour mizithra cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp
- oregano, dried
- salt to taste
How to Make "Dakos" Tomato &Feta Cheese Appetizer
- 1Briefly wet rusk by holding them under running water or quickly dipping in a bowl of water. Drizzle with half of the olive oil and season with very little salt. Don't forget you'll be adding Feta cheese later. Set aside.
- 2Finely chop, dice tomatoes or press through grater. Spoon tomato pulp over dakos, leaving a "well" in the center for the cheese. Spoon the cheese into the "well" on top of tomatoes. Sprinkle with oregano and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Ready to enjoy!
- 3The amount of Feta cheese and oregano added really all depends on your taste. Also the amount of capers & Kalamata olives I suggested, add according to your taste.
Variations: Rinced capers and Kalamata olives can be added