How to Make the Best Chaffles
The basic chaffle is made of egg and cheese. That mixture is cooked in a mini waffle maker and comes out looking like a cheesy waffle (aka chaffle). We came up with a few enhancements to the recipe that will up your chaffle game.
First, add a little almond flour. Almond flour gives the chaffle a more bready texture. Second, a pinch of cream of tartar with the egg is real secret. The cream of tartar, along with spraying a little cooking spray, helps to crisp the chaffle.
Wondering how you could use a chaffle? There are many ways! Use two chaffles for a bacon, egg, and cheese or a BLT sandwich. It can be a base for eggs benedict or pizza. Or, top with some berries and cream or sugar-free syrup for a sweet treat.
Chaffles are so simple to prepare. The total cooking time from start to finish is about 10 minutes. The only accessory you’ll need is a mini waffle maker. Nowadays, you can find them online or at a big box retailer near you (like Walmart, Target, etc). These freeze wonderfully too. Spend some time meal prepping chaffles. Once cool, place them in a resealable bag and put in the freezer. Take a chaffle out as needed and warm in a toaster oven.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp almond flour
- 1 pinch of cream of tartar
- Avocado or coconut oil cooking spray
Instructions1. Preheat the mini waffle maker.
2. In a small bowl, mix together almond flour and a pinch of cream of tartar.
3. In a separate bowl, beat 1 egg.
4. Add the almond flour mixture to the beaten egg; mix together.
5. Next, add the cheddar cheese. Stir into the egg mixture.
6. Spray the mini waffle maker with cooking spray.
7. Pour 1/4 cup of the chaffle batter into the mini waffle maker.
8. Spread out the mixture evenly. Close the lid and cook it for 4 to 5 minutes.
9. Use a fork to remove the chaffle from the mini waffle maker. Let cool slightly on a wire rack. Best served warm.
Note: If making these for a small crowd, a second mini waffle maker is recommended. They’re so delicious they go fast!
Click Here to Save Crispy Keto Chaffles Recipe to Your Recipe Box.