Ownership of Website and Content
For information about our recipe policy, please see the Special Note about Recipes below.
How to Report Copyright or Other Intellectual-Property Infringement
Pursuant to Section 512(c) of the Copyright Revision Act, as enacted through the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we designate the following as our agent for receipt of notifications of claimed copyright or other intellectual-property infringement:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By fax: 615-599-8752
By regular mail:
Just A Pinch Recipe Club
782 Melrose Ave
Nashville, TN 37211
Attn: DMCA Agent
To notify us of a claimed infringement of your copyright or other intellectual-property right by material residing on or accessible through this website, you must contact us in writing by regular or email at the addresses provided above and provide the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple works on this website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at the website;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- The following statement by you: “I have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law”; and
- The following statement by you: “The information in this notification is accurate, and I, as the complaining party, declare under penalty of perjury that I am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
Inquiries that do not follow this procedure may not receive a response. Upon receiving a claim of infringement, we may, in our discretion, remove or disable the material claimed to be infringed.
Please be advised that if you materially misrepresent that material is infringing your intellectual property, you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees). If you are not sure whether the material infringes on your intellectual property, you should consider contacting an attorney before contacting us. For more information on whether recipes are protected by copyright, please see the Special Note about Recipes below.
How to Respond to a Claimed Infringement
If we remove or disable the material claimed to be infringing, we will take reasonable steps to notify the owner of the material of the claim, and the owner will then have the option to send us a counter-notice why the content does not infringe another’s intellectual-property rights and requesting reinstatement of the content. The counter-notice must be in writing and include the following information:
- The owner’s physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- The following statement by the owner: “I declare, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good-faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled”; and
- The owner’s name, address, and telephone number, and the following statement by the owner: “I consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which my address listed in this notice is located, or if my address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Just A Pinch Recipe Club, LLC may be found, and I will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of infringement or an agent of such person.”
If we receive a counter-notice under these provisions, we may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that we may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the original complaining party files an action seeking a court order against the individual or entity who placed the content, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days after receipt of the counter-notice, at our discretion.
A Special Note about Recipes
Are recipes protected by copyright?
Copyright law does not protect recipes that are mere listings of ingredients and basic instructions. Copyright law may protect a description, explanation or photo that accompanies a recipe, as well as a combination of recipes such as a cookbook. For further information, please see our FAQ regarding the posting of recipes or the U.S. Copyright Office factsheet on recipes.
Posting of others’ recipes
You may post recipes of others on this website as long as you acknowledge the source of the recipe and, when in doubt as to whether the description is protected, post your own description or only the listing of ingredients and basic instructions. You should only post photos or illustrations that accompany recipes if you have permission from the owner. If you do not have permission, you should prepare the recipe and post your own photo of the dish. By posting a recipe and accompanying content on our website, you are representing to us that, to the best of your knowledge, the recipe and the content does not infringe the rights of another, and are granting to us permission to edit the recipe and to publish the recipe and the content on this website for others to use, copy, edit, and download free of charge. We reserve the right to remove a recipe from this website for any reason, including claims of copyright or trademark infringement.
Use of recipes on this website
You are free to display and print for your personal, non-commercial use information you receive through our site. You may not sell or charge for access to any recipes copied from this website either individually or in a collection. You may not copy entire collections of recipes from this website or redistribute recipes from this website to others, such as via email, website, social networks, print or software. You may not reproduce, distribute, or otherwise use any of the materials for commercial, non-personal use without the
prior written consent of the Rights holder (Just A Pinch Recipe Club, LLC). Requests for permission to reproduce, distribute or otherwise use materials found on our site for non-personal use should be made to Help@JustAPinch.com. The burden of determining whether any content on our site is or is not protected by Rights rests with you.