Pizzeria Perfect BLT Pizza- My Own Recipe
The results were perfect the first go around... I wouldn't change a thing. The recipe is original and mine. The house smells AMAZING! I hope you'll give it a try!
I will link the recipe for the Pizzeria Pizza Crust and BLT Pizza together for convenience.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- recipe "perfect pizzeria pizza dough" or your own recipe
- oz. maple pepper bacon, cut into 1 1/2 inch cuts. reserve 1 tb. plus 1 tsp. drippings. once cooked divided in half. (half is added before baking and half after baking.)
- 1 1/2
- cups grape tomatoes, halved. reserve 1/2 cup for after baking.
- cups shredded lettuce
- cup shredded cheddar cheese
- cup shredded mozzarella or fresh mozzarella
- sprinkle of yellow corn meal for pan, if desired
- cup mayo, light or regular, doesn't matter
- tb. olive oil
- cloves garlic, minced
- tsp. oregano
- tsp. parsley
- tsp. garlic powder
- tsp. onion powder
- tsp. reserved bacon drippings
4When dough is ready, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Use reserved 1 TB. bacon drippings to oil the pan in place of the olive oil that you may ordinarily use. (This little trick brings the smokey flavor of a BLT from the top of the pizza to the bottom.) Sprinkle with corn meal, if using. Spread out pizza dough with your hands.
6Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until done. (Optional tip: When I take my pizzas out of the oven, I combine a halved garlic clove and a few tablespoons of olive oil, microwave until warm and then brush on hot crust.) Add shredded lettuce, other half of bacon (warm in the micro for a few seconds) and reserved 1/2 cup tomatoes.