Working/Busy Mom's Best Ever Split Pea & Ham Soup
With just a few minutes of prep the night before, your crockpot can and will become your BEST FRIEND FOREVER!!!!
- ham bone with ham
- 1 pkg
- split peas
- 1 1/2 c
- (2 medium) carrots diced
- 1 1/2 c
- (2 medium) celery stalks diced
- 1 large
- onion diced
- bay leaf
- 32 oz
- *fluid* or 4 cups chicken stock
- 4-5 c
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 4 oz
- (or 3/4 cup) instant potato flakes
How to Make Working/Busy Mom's Best Ever Split Pea & Ham Soup
- 2Pick through and rinse your split peas. Add to the crockpot. Add your diced veggies, then add your ham bone in the center of the veggies and peas.
Next add your chicken broth, salt, pepper and bay leaf, stir your mixture. Finally, add your water till your ham bone is covered. Turn crockpot onto low and let soup mixture cook for 8-10 hours.
- 3Take ham bone out of crockpot. Let cool till be able to shred meat off the bone. Fish out bay leaf and discard. As bone is cooling, using your immersion blender (or if you want using the blender method), puree your mixture till your desired consistency. I like to puree mine silky, but still leave some carrots, for texture. Here comes the secret ingredient. Add your instant flaked potatoes in increments, and using a whisk, make sure all the potatoes are disolved. The soup will be nice and thick and creamy and oh my oh my... just delicious!!