Winter Comfort Soup
- 2 can(s)
- stewed tomatoes, italian-style (do not drain)
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1/2 lb
- cabbage,1/2 in. shred
- 1 tsp
- peppercorns, fresh medium/coarse ground or to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped onion (dehydrated) or to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic, minced (dehydrated) or to taste
- 2/3 c
- spicy spaghetti seasoning (dehydrated) or to taste
- 4-5 qt
- 2-3 can(s)
- desired beans (i used white kidney and navy)
- 1 can(s)
- tomato paste (small can)
- To Taste
- sea salt
- 1 3/4 lb
- mini bow tie pasta and vegetable blend, shwans live smart #767
- 1 pkg
- peas and carrots, frozen
- 1 medium
- red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 lb
- pasta, prepared per instructions on box (bow-tie or shells)
How to Make Winter Comfort Soup
- 1In a 6qt pot add first 10 ingredients and stir well.
- 2Cover and bring to a boil. Watch the pot as it may want to boil over. If this is the case, crack the lid and turn down the heat a skoash.
- 3Simmer soup at medium heat about half and hour, or until cabbage becomes somewhat translucent.
- 4Stir in the tomato paste, sea salt and the frozen pasta vegetable blend. IF you are using the non-blend option, add the frozen peas and carrots only. DO NOT ADD THE PREPARED PASTA AT THIS TIME.
Bring to a boil
- 5(Add water to the pot at this time to make up for any loss)Boil uncovered about 10 minutes, or until the peas/carrots are done.
- 6Add pasta and enjoy.
You may wish to add the pasta to served bowls to keep it from over cooking.