Summertime Potato Soup
Had this recipe for quite some time and it was among those I saved in a shoe box..for quite a while.
I think you will love this creamy soup cold or if you wish hot.
Enjoy it the way you like!
- 2 lb
- golden or russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 c
- chicken stock
- 1 bunch
- leeks, trimmed, washed, sliced plus some of the green
- 2 c
- whole milk
- 12 oz
- can evaporated milk,like pet or or store brand
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 clove
- minced garlic
- 8 oz
- jar basil pesto( 1 tablespoon for garnish on each serving)
- 1/2 c
- slivered almonds, a few for garnish on each serving
How to Make Summertime Potato Soup
- 1Simmer potato and leek slices in the chicken stock until tender; puree until nice and smooth.
Add the remaining ingredients pulse together until blended.
Chill until ready to serve.
- 2Garnish each serving with a dollop of the basil pesto and a few almond slivers. Or maybe you will like it with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of bacon bits and chives or dill.