Pumpkin & Yogurt Soup
I hope you will enjoy this delicious Turkish soup.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·1 3/4 lb deseeded pumpkin, cut in small chunks
·1 large onion, finely chopped
·2 sweet carrots, cut in small cubes
·1 tbsp. ground cumin
·1 tbsp. red pepper flakes or chili flakes (or to taste)
·4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
·2 tbsp. olive oil
·1 tsp sea salt
·1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
·4 tbsp. plain natural yogurt (garnish)
·roasted pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds (garnish)
·extra virgin olive oil (optional drizzle)
How to Make Pumpkin & Yogurt Soup
- Clean, peel and deseed the pumpkin.
- Cut the pumpkin into small pieces.
- Put into a heavy pan the pumpkin chunks, onions and cubed carrots.
- Pour in the stock and olive oil and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Pour the vegetables into a blender and puree, then return to pan.
- With the heat on low, season the soup with salt, pepper, cumin and red pepper flakes, combine well and remove from heat.
- Pour the soup into your serving bowls and then swirl the yogurt into the soup and garnish with sunflower or roasted pumpkin seeds, and a little more red pepper flakes and ground cumin.
- If necessary you may also add a little more salt and pepper, then finish it off with a drizzle or two of extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve with crisp bread and enjoy.