Cherry tomatoes are bursting with flavor that are only enhanced with a little garlic and Italian seasonings.
You can even add a little cream if you want a creamy tomato soup.
- 5 lb
- cherry tomatoes, or tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- basil (chiffon cut then diced)
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic granules
- sweet basil (fresh chopped)
- 1 Tbsp
- italian seasoning, dry
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Marinara Soup
- 1Take the stems off and wash cherry tomatoes. Place in a large pot and turn on the heat. Do not add water, the tomatoes will make their own juice.
- 2Add all ingredients and cook tomatoes, smashing them gently with the back of a spoon. (Careful...they will pop and they are hot)
- 3When thoroughly cooked down, transfer in batches to a blender or food processor. Blend until very soupy.
- 4Pour the soup into a food mill to separate the pulp/juice from the skin. Transfer back into the pot and continue cooking until reduced by 1/3.
- 5Eat right away or add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to each sterilized pint jar and water bath for 35 minutes.
- 6Add a little shredded Parmesan cheese and top with a few garlic croutons, or mix in a bit of cream if you like your tomato soup creamy.