Italian Sausage & Greens Soup
Janus Joy Miller
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 Tbspolive oil
1 lbitalian seasoned sausage (can be vegetarian sausage)
1 tspfennel seed
2 bunchgreens (mustard, collard, kale)
1 cwhite wine (i used an oak aged chardonnay)
4 csoup stock (chicken, turkey, or vegetable)
1 pinchsugar or truvia sweetener
How to Make Italian Sausage & Greens Soup
- Saute sausage (cut into bite size chunks) in olive oil. This recipe attempts to go low fat, but feel free to add more olive oil or cooking spray if needed.
- Coarsely chop the onion and garlic, and add to sausage along with the fennel seed. Saute until onion is transparent.
- Add chopped greens & toss until wilted.
- Add white wine & soup stock plus more water if needed.
- Simmer on low heat another 20 minutes or so. Add a pinch of sugar if desired, but not more than a teaspoon or it can get too sweet.
- Serve with crusty bread or a potato for a healthy balanced meal.