Italian Sausage & Greens Soup
Janice Joy Miller
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 lb
- italian seasoned sausage (can be vegetarian sausage)
- 1 large
- 3 clove
- 1 tsp
- fennel seed
- 2 bunch
- greens (mustard, collard, kale)
- 1 c
- white wine (i used an oak aged chardonnay)
- 4 c
- soup stock (chicken, turkey, or vegetable)
- 1 pinch
- sugar or truvia sweetener
How to Make Italian Sausage & Greens Soup
- 1Saute sausage (cut into bite size chunks) in olive oil. This recipe attempts to go low fat, but feel free to add more olive oil or cooking spray if needed.
- 2Coarsely chop the onion and garlic, and add to sausage along with the fennel seed. Saute until onion is transparent.
- 3Add chopped greens & toss until wilted.
- 4Add white wine & soup stock plus more water if needed.
- 5Simmer on low heat another 20 minutes or so. Add a pinch of sugar if desired, but not more than a teaspoon or it can get too sweet.
- 6Serve with crusty bread or a potato for a healthy balanced meal.