Home-style Cream of Celery Soup
- 3-6 cups
- celery hearts and leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup
- 1 stick
- 1 large
- chicken broth or vegatable broth if your vegitarian
- 1-2 cups
- skim milk
- 1/2 tsp
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Home-style Cream of Celery Soup
- 1melt butter in pan
- 2Add celery and onion and cook until soft but not browned
- 3add flour and continue cooking stirring constantly
- 4add broth and bring to boil. Continue stirring until thickened. then allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 5Add nutmeg and milk.
- 6Bring just to a simmer and then turn off heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Serve with a Slice of crusty bread or grilled cheese.