Home-style Cream of Celery Soup
3-6 cupscelery hearts and leaves chopped
64ozchicken broth or vegatable broth if your vegitarian
1-2 cupsskim milk
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Home-style Cream of Celery Soup
- melt butter in pan
- Add celery and onion and cook until soft but not browned
- add flour and continue cooking stirring constantly
- add broth and bring to boil. Continue stirring until thickened. then allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add nutmeg and milk.
- Bring just to a simmer and then turn off heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a Slice of crusty bread or grilled cheese.