Garden Lover's Soup
Substitutions: replace vegetable broth with chicken broth, or use sour cream instead of salsa,
1/4 ccarrot, shredded
1/2 ccucumber, peeled, chopped
2 mediumavocados, peeled, chopped
1/4 conion, chopped
1 - 2 clovegarlic, minced
2 can(s)vegetable broth, divided
2 - 3 dash(es)bottled hot pepper sauce
1 1/2 tsppaprika
4 Tbspsalsa, tomato-based
2 sprig(s)chives, chopped
How to Make Garden Lover's Soup
- In a food processor, combine carrots, cucumber, avocado, onion, garlic & 1 can of vegetable broth. Blend till smooth.
- Add remaining can of vegetable broth & hot pepper sauce. Blend till smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl & cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill soup in fridge for at least 1 hour. At same time, chill 4 soup bowls.
- To serve, ladle chilled soup into chilled soup bowls.
- Carefully spoon 1 Tbsp of salsa into top centre of each bowl of soup
- Sprinkle chopped chives onto soup to decorate.