Cream of Celery Soup
2 cchicken broth
2 cboiling water
1 mediumonion, finely chopped
·salt and pepper to taste
3 cchopped celery, with leaves
1/4 tspcelery seed, optional
1 clight cream
How to Make Cream of Celery Soup
- Simmer celery in chicken broth and water for 1/2 hour over low heat. If a smooth soup is desired process with a hand blender.
- Saute the onion until just tender in the butter, add flour and milk and simmer on low heat until thickened. Add the celery and liquid, then cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- NOTE: You can add low sodium broth if you choose, onion and garlic powder, dehydrated vegetable flakes can also be used.
- This makes a nice light lunch and can be used instead of canned celery soup in recipes.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!