Cream of Celery Soup
How to Make Cream of Celery Soup
- 1Simmer celery in chicken broth and water for 1/2 hour over low heat. If a smooth soup is desired process with a hand blender.
- 2Saute the onion until just tender in the butter, add flour and milk and simmer on low heat until thickened. Add the celery and liquid, then cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Taste and adjust seasonings.
- 4NOTE: You can add low sodium broth if you choose, onion and garlic powder, dehydrated vegetable flakes can also be used.
- 5This makes a nice light lunch and can be used instead of canned celery soup in recipes.
- 6Serve warm and Enjoy!