Then one day a church potlux this was one of the dishes served so, I gave it a try and was hooked!
I changed it over the years and I sincerely hope you like it!
- 1/2 small
- cabbage head, green
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, light
- 1 medium
- onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 lb
- carrots sliced
- 3 medium
- potatos peeld and diced
- 1 can(s)
- tomatos - diced
- 1 can(s)
- tomato sauce
- 2 tsp
- each, fresh (chopped) or dried herbs- oregano, parsely, and basil.
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Cabbage Soup
- 1In 4-quart pot, heat the oil over medium heat until hot, but not smoky.
- 2Add cabbage & onion, stir well. Add water to just cover cabbage.
- 3Add carrots and potatoes - allow to cook, stirring once or twice,
until it comes to a boil - LOWER THE FLAME!
- 4Add Tomatoes and Sauce, stir. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- 5Add 1 Tsp. Paprika, stir.
- 6Heat 1 Tsp. Olive Oil in a large skillet until hot, lower flame.
- 7Stir, cook uncovered over low heat. Add chopped herbs and stir.
- 8Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 9Option 1: You can add 1 Tsp. of crushed Hot Chilies or 1 can of diced tomato's with chilies for zest!
- 10Option 2: For protein add 1/2 pound of cooked chicken, seasoned beef (diced or crumbled burger).
- 11Option 3: Add some fresh, frozen, cooked,, or canned (your choice) of; Spinach, Kale, Collards, Broccoli, and/or Cauliflower some extra nutrition.