Then one day a church potlux this was one of the dishes served so, I gave it a try and was hooked!
I changed it over the years and I sincerely hope you like it!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 smallcabbage head, green
1 Tbspolive oil, light
1 mediumonion, coarsely chopped
1/2 lbcarrots sliced
3 mediumpotatos peeld and diced
1 can(s)tomatos - diced
1 can(s)tomato sauce
2 tspeach, fresh (chopped) or dried herbs- oregano, parsely, and basil.
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Cabbage Soup
- In 4-quart pot, heat the oil over medium heat until hot, but not smoky.
- Add cabbage & onion, stir well. Add water to just cover cabbage.
- Add carrots and potatoes - allow to cook, stirring once or twice,
until it comes to a boil - LOWER THE FLAME!
- Add Tomatoes and Sauce, stir. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add 1 Tsp. Paprika, stir.
- Heat 1 Tsp. Olive Oil in a large skillet until hot, lower flame.
- Stir, cook uncovered over low heat. Add chopped herbs and stir.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Option 1: You can add 1 Tsp. of crushed Hot Chilies or 1 can of diced tomato's with chilies for zest!
- Option 2: For protein add 1/2 pound of cooked chicken, seasoned beef (diced or crumbled burger).
- Option 3: Add some fresh, frozen, cooked,, or canned (your choice) of; Spinach, Kale, Collards, Broccoli, and/or Cauliflower some extra nutrition.