Butternut Curry Soup
1 mediumbutternut squash
1 can(s)coconut milk, unsweetened
4 cchicken broth
1 smallpiece of ginger peeled
1 tspcurry powder
1/4 tspcayenne pepper
1 smallchopped yellow onion
1 cloveminced clove garlic
1/2 cpistachio nuts, chopped
1 bunchchopped green onion tops
2 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Butternut Curry Soup
- Bake the butternut squash at 400 degrees until it's tender, about an hour.
Cut the squash down the middle, clean out seeds and toss.
Scrape the squash out of the skin into a blender and puree until smooth. Add in the cayenne powder and the curry powder and blend.
- Meanwhile, simmer the chicken broth with the peeled ginger-which will infuse the ginger flavor into the broth
- Dice up the onion, mince the garlic and add to a dutch oven with olive oil and saute until tender, for 5 minutes
Then add the chicken broth and the can of coconut milk let simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add pureed squash to broth, mix well and let simmer for a few minutes until everything is mixed and the soup is hot.
- Sprinkle thin sliced green onion tops and chopped pistachios