Butternut & Acorn Squash Soup
- butternut squash, halved and seeded
- acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- chopped sweet onion
- 1 qt
- chicken broth
- 1/3 c
- packed brown sugar
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp
- ground black pepper
- ground cinnamon to taste (optional)
- fresh parsely to garnish
How to Make Butternut & Acorn Squash Soup
- 1Preheat oven to 350*. Place the squash halves cut side down in a baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. and cool slightly. Scoop the pulp from the skins and discard the skins.
- 2Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion until tender.
- 3In a blender or food processor, blend the squash pulp, onion, broth, cream cheese, pepper, and cinnamon until smooth. This can be done in smaller batches if necessary.
- 4Transfer the soup to a pot and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until heated through. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
Note: it is also good served cold with sour cream as a garnish.