BUTTERMILK ONION RINGS BY EDDIE 4th of July menu
How to Make BUTTERMILK ONION RINGS BY EDDIE 4th of July menu
- 1Cut onions into 1/4 inch slices. In a glass dish soak the onion in the buttermilk for 30 to60 minutes.
- 2In a brown paper sack combine flour, cornmeal, salt, onion powder, chili powder, and the sugar if wanted.
- 3Drain the onions and dredge them in the seasoned flour.
- 4Pour at least 4 inches of oil into a heavy saucepan.Heat the oil to 375. Fry the onions in batches for 2 to 2 minutes or until golden.
- 5For the crispiest onions rings. Drain on paper towels and spread on a serving platter rather them piling them in a basket where they could get soggy. Serve Now.