Broccoli and Roasted Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- 5 Tbsp
- olive oil, for sauteing
- head, cauliflower, diced
- 10 c
- broccoli, chopped
- 1 c
- parsnips, diced
- 2 c
- celery, diced
- 2 c
- leeks, diced
- 2 clove
- garlic, large, chopped
- 64 oz
- chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 lb
- velveeta sharp cheddar or original
- 8 oz
- philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/2 stick
- salt and pepper, to taste
- bottle sweet chili sauce (i like frank's red hot)
How to Make Broccoli and Roasted Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Toss cauliflower with oil, salt and pepper. Place on cookie sheet. Bake until brown. Cauliflower can also be tossed with softened cream cheese to make creamy.
- 3In large skillet, heat oil on medium. Add parsnips, celery, leeks, garlic and butter. Saute until soft.
- 4Add broccoli and approx 2 cups broth to skillet. Cover and cook until soft.
- 5In a large sauce pan, add 2 cups broth, Velveeta and Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Heat on low, stirring.
- 6Add contents of skillet to blender and puree, adding additional broth for easy pureeing.
- 7Add broccoli to cheese sauce; whisk to prevent burning.
- 8Add remaining broth to soup little at a time, to desired thickness. Season to taste.
- 9Serve in individual bowls. Top with roasted cauliflower and drizzle with sweet chili sauce.