Cream of Turkey and Wild Rice Soup
- 1 qt
- mushroom broth (or desired flavor)
- 2 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup
- turkey drippings, skimmed of fat
- left over turkey - any amount
- 1 c
- wild rice, uncooked
- 1 box
- 10 oz. frozen peas, thawed
- 2 large
- carrots, chopped
- 2 large
- celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 large
- onion, chopped
- 1/2 c
- half and half or cream
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 2 tsp
- rubbed sage, or dolman sage
- olive oil for sauteeing
- salt & black pepper, to taste
How to Make Cream of Turkey and Wild Rice Soup
- 1Cook the wild rice in three cups of broth according to package directions. (Can be done ahead of time.)
- 2In a five-quart pot, sautee onions, carrots & celery in a little olive oil until tender. Add garlic and sautee gently for a few minutes.
- 3To the pot, add turkey. leftover broth and turkey drippings. Stir in cream of mushroom soup and add water (or more broth) until the soup reach the desired consistency.
- 4Bring soup to just before boil, reduce heat to medium low and add the peas, sage and half-and-half. Simmer for 15-30 minutes.
- 5Turn off the heat. Add wild rice. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning.