Potato & Cabbage Soup with Ham
2 Tbspvegetable or canola oil
1 cchopped onion
3 cshredded white cabbage
4 cpotatoes, peeled and cut up
1 qtchicken broth
10-12 ozdiced ham
2 ccarrots, peeled and sliced
·salt & pepper to taste
3 Tbspfresh parsley (optional)
·oyster crackers (optional)
How to Make Potato & Cabbage Soup with Ham
- In a soup pot heat 1 tablespoon oil, add onions and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add carrots, potatoes and cabbage. Cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet saute ham cubes in remaining oil until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- Drain vegetables when done and return to the soup pot. Add ham, chicken broth, cream and salt & pepper.
- combine milk and flour to a sealed container and shake until well blended. Add to soup
- Simmer 10 minutes more until heated through and slightly thickened.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and oyster crackers if desired.