Cabbage-Ham-Potato Soup ~ stove or IP directions!
Sautee the ham and onions in butter then put them and the potatoes, carrots and cabbage in the instant pot with the chicken broth.
Cook it for 4 minutes at normal pressure.
Quick released the pressure, opened the lid, add the milk, flour and cream.
Stir til thickened.
Add salt & pepper to taste, garnish with fresh chopped parsley!
1 cchopped onion
3 cshredded white cabbage
4 cpotatoes, peeled and cut up
1(32 oz.) box chicken broth
10-12 ozdiced ham
2 ccarrots, peeled and sliced
·salt & pepper to taste
3 Tbspfresh parsley (optional)
·oyster crackers (optional)
How to Make Cabbage-Ham-Potato Soup ~ stove or IP directions!
- In a soup pot heat 1 tablespoon butter, add onions and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add carrots, potatoes and cabbage. Cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet saute ham cubes in remaining butter until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- Drain vegetables when done and return to the soup pot. Add ham, chicken broth, cream and salt & pepper.
- combine milk and flour to a sealed container and shake until well blended. Add to soup
- Simmer 10 minutes more until heated through and slightly thickened.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and oyster crackers if desired.